Thursday, July 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Essence Pool Party

I want to preface this by saying that I don't think you can find this polish anymore. I know, disappointing. It has been discontinued. I love this one so much I had to revisit it it. I hope that some of you who have been in the nail polish game for awhile still have this one in your stash. This is one is my favorite Essence polish!

Pool Party
Pool Party is a bright medium blue with an intense silvery glass fleck glitter.

Collection: Essence Colour & Go 2010-2012(?)

Color: Out of all the blues I own in my vast nail polish collection, I do not own one like this. The glass fleck glitter in this is beautiful, and it makes me long for more polishes like this now. This color lives up to it's namesake, this is the perfect swimming pool color. Awesome color!

Formula: When I first bought this back in 2010, I found the formula to be a little sheerer than expected. I also had significantly longer nails had VNL (visible nail line) with this after 3 coats. I used 2 coats here, and didn't find it to be sheer at all. Did the formula thicken up over 4 years or is it just because my nails are shorter? I'm not sure. That being said, sheer or not, I didn't have any application issues with this at all.

Price: This was $0.99 at Ulta back when it was available. Like I said, I'm hoping many of you have this in your collection already!

Overall: Love it! I think I talked enough already about it! I think you all get it.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 Paint Splatters
Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Great throwback, I have this and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shade of blue and I love the glass flecks shimmer to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! I've loved every Essence polish I've ever tried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never grabbed this one, such a shame!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.