Monday, April 21, 2014

Zoya Hudson

I have been sorely disappointed with mainstream spring collections. To be honest, in general, the beginning of 2014 nail polish wise hasn't thrilled me. I typically have a handful of potential Top 25 of 2014 list by now, and I only have 2 which are both indies. Anyone else feeling a little let down by nail polish lately? I hope it's not just me!

Zoya's Awaken collection did excite me a little bit. I wasn't over the moon, but I did see some shades that I thought I'd like. Hudson is one of the shades that caught my eye.

Hudson
Hudson is a soft lavender metallic shimmer.

Color: I like this one, it's pretty. The shimmer is nice, but I'm not wowed. I feel pretty ho-hum about it. I feel like Zoya does a lot variations of shades like this. Dannii and Zara come to mind. They're not dupes, but I think they'd all be at the same family reunion. I'd personally rather hang out with Dannii and Zara than Hudson. I think the others pack just a little bit more of purple punch for me over Hudson

Formula: No complaints with the formula. I used 3 coats above.

Price: This is $9 on the Zoya website, but going on now through the 28th is their Earth Day promo, so you can get this one for $4.50!

Overall: I don't hate this, it's nice, but I prefer some of the other Zoya colors that are that similar shade range. Nice polish, solid formula, but not a standout.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 Paint Splatters
Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Love the color on it but I'm not too sure on the finish. Great swatch and review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatch as always. and thanks for the good review. I do agree, i have been a bit disappointed with the new spring collections as well this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty color. I've always liked Zoya's shimmers more than their cremes. It's a formula thing for me.


    I think I'm kind of getting over nail polish, in general. Don't get me wrong, I still love reading the blogs and polishing my nails, but as for buying it, I've kind of stopped (until I find my perfect darker cobalt blue that doesn't look navy on the nail). I'm not really feeling the mainstream stuff either and I've never been into indies because glitter just ain't really my thang. I'm going through a MUST BUY ALL THE EYESHADOWS, BLUSHES, AND LIP STICKS/GLOSSES phase something hard lately, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one! I never loved the textured trend so I'm excited for a new Zoya Collection with a more traditional polish finish. Hudson is definitely going to be added to my collection, and your swatch is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't crazy about the spring polishes, either, but then they're almost all pastels and I am absolutely not a pastel fan. The only mainstream polishes that weren't pastels (unless I'm forgetting something) were OPI: Brazil and the Gwen Stefani collection, both of which had some pretty colors but didn't grab me that much.


    I wouldn't say I am over nail polish but I have so many already that I have to be able to convince myself that it's something new - or at least different from what I have - before I'm willing to spend money on it, and that's not easy to accomplish. Mostly I just pick up single polishes here and there.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.