Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Love Nail Polish Dreaming in Violet

Have you ever wanted to give up on a brand based on a first impression?

I have to be honest, my first impression of ILNP was not a good one. When the brand first came out I was not a fan of the brushes and found the formula had a very strong chemical smell. I pretty much had my mind up that this wasn't going to be a brand I would shop again

First impressions can be wrong. People/things can change, and end up exceeding your expectations. ILNP is definitely one of those brands. I do believe the brushes have changed, and the formula certainly has, as I cannot smell it anymore. Also , ILNP creates some of the beautifully innovative nail colors out there. So, let's give it a try again.

When I heard ILNP was creating spring pastel holos, I was so on board. Pastel holos really have no been done before at least not successfully, and I wanted some of that action. I ended up snagging 5 from that collection, and I have Dreaming in Violet for you today.

Dreaming in Violet
 Dreaming in Violet is muted radiant orchid soft linear holo.

Color: This is in the radiant orchid family. I see so many lavender blue-toned purple being called radiant orchid, and no, that's not orchid. Dreaming in Violet isn't the exact Pantone shade, but it is in the same spectrum, so it fits! Gorgeous color. The holo is soft, but definitely shows. I prefer this as I think if it were stronger, it would detract from the pastel-like quality of the shade.

Formula: Good easy to use formula. I used 3 coats in the swatch above.

Price: This is $10.00 on ILNP's site.

Overall: This is a beautiful polish, and definitely satisfies my pastel holo craving! I'm impressed with the formula, and all around impressed now with ILNP offerings and the brand.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 Paint Splatters


4 comments:

  1. I love how soft this purple holo is. Its pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super pretty! I love purples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie Carlson BrownMarch 19, 2014 at 4:05 AM

    This is super pretty! Yes, radiant orchid is very specific color. ha ha! I've seen so many people include pretty much any shade of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color is gorgeous! I love the holographic effect.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.