Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Maybelline Wild at Heart

Nouveau Cheap blog is my all time favorite blog. I'm a big cosmetics shopper in the drugstore, and I learn about everything new from Nouveau Cheap. Drugstore nail polish collections unfortunately don't make a big mark on blogs. I blame the companies, they don't have bloggers reviewing their products, but that's a whole other topic. Thankfully, Nouveau Cheap and her readers always have their eyes peeled in the drugstore to let us know what's out there! That's how I found out about the new Maybelline Color Show Street Art collection. I picked up a few of these when I spotted them, and I have Wild at Heart to share with you today.

Wild at Heart over Sinful Colors Endless Blue
 Wild at Heart is a mix of matte red hex glitters, red bar glitters, and black hex glitters in a clear base.

Color: I love color glitters mixed with black. They just look so fun and edgy. This is great color mix, and especially neat to find this with a drugstore price tag.

Formula: Great formula. I found this be easy to use and apply. I used 2 coats above.

Price: I purchased this around the $3-$4 mark at Ulta. I've also seen this collection at CVS.

Overall: I love this glitter. I like how drugstores brands are starting to dabble into indie-like polishes. I love the price point, and the availability of a polish like Wild at Heart.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 Paint Splatters
Happy Tuesday! 

13 comments:

  1. What a nice red and black glitter! It looks great over that blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning glitter - I love your layering combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty pair up Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nouveau Cheap too! Her blog was one of the first I ever read. You are right that there aren't a lot of reviews on drugstore polishes. A few reviewers like you cover them, but a large portion of them do see to focus on Indies and other brands. I do like your blog because you do cover the drugstore beauties and considering that is 85% of my purchases. I saw these new Street Wear glitters and picked up several, but I missed that pretty red one. I like how that looks on you over the blue. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuuute! I love it when polishes like these pop up in drugstores :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are pretty cool and I love the red and black over the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marisa (Polish Obsession)January 28, 2014 at 9:34 PM

    I really love how you paired this! It's such a fun combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing, Steph! You picked the best undies for it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you like the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate your comment. I'm going to try to make an effort this year to review new drugstore nail polish collections if my budget will allow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks. Me too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.