Friday, August 2, 2013

Beautifully Disney Diva of the Deep

*Note- I have added an FAQ page to my tabs bar. The FAQ page answers questions about what nail care products I use, how my rating system works, and other things you might interested in knowing!

Disney Parks have released a cosmetic line called Beautifully Disney. These are not kiddie cosmetics, no worries, these are for grownups. The collections are based off of Disney princesses and villains, and they will be adding more collections as they go. The downside to these products is you'll only be able to purchase the full line (this includes the full size nail polishes) at Disney parks. They do, however, offer some products on the Disney store. This does include mini sets of the nail polish collections.

I picked up the full size Diva of the Deep polish a few weeks ago, and I'm quite impressed. This one is based off of Ursula from The Little Mermaid. I must say, while I am always more drawn to Disney princesses (I know how uncool of me, I know most people are villain fans), the villain polishes are so much more interesting!

Diva of the Deep
Diva of the Deep is a deep purple with a purpe, red, and blue shimmer.

Color: This color is stunning. The color practically glows with that beautiful shimmer added. Is it original though? This reminds me a lot of Zoya Yasmeen. Diva of the Deep is darker, but it has some similar characteristics.

Formula: Awesome! I was really impressed with the formula. Maybe it would be better if I said I was surprised by it. I guess I have tendency to assume thematic non nail-polish brand made polishes will not have a great formula. I was wrong here.

Price: I paid $8.95 for a full size bottle of this at Downtown Disney Orlando. You can only purchase the full size bottles at Disney Parks. You can purchase the villains mini set that includes Diva of the Deep for $20 on the Disney Store website.

Overall: I really like this polish. The color is beautiful and the formula is on point. That being said, this color, and I would say the rest of the colors in the Beautifully Disney line so far, are not very original. I think you'll easily find comparable colors out there. If you're a Disney fan like myself, having some of these is a nice addition to your polish collection. It's up to you!

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Paint Splatters

Happy Friday!

16 comments:

  1. Marisa (Polish Obsession)August 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM

    This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the beautiful shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I should have picked this up on my last trip to WDW! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, this is beautiful! Luckily I have Zoya Yasmeen and since I don't live anywhere near Florida, I'll just have to be satisfied. This is extremely beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely purple color! The shimmer in this is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weelll, Ursula is kind of awesome, lol ;) This is one gorgeous polish, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Girl and Her PolishAugust 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM

    Such a stunning purple! The shimmer is amazing! Wonderful swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous purple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! This seems like you're kind of color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you like it. Yasmeen will do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ursula is awesome, but as a little kid she scared the crap out of me! I'm over it though :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.