Friday, June 14, 2013

Icing Queen Bee

Before the Salon Perfect neon matte glitters were out, I found out that Icing had a few of their own thanks to oncebittenblog. In hindsight, there are only 2 Icing neon matte glitters and they're not as complex as the Salon Perfect ones, but I like them just the same. I actually think I'm most excited about the neon matte glitter trend than any other trend (don't think it's a full on trend yet, but I hope it will be) in 2013. I'm a glitter gal through and through and matte glitters are darn awesome to me! Here is one of the Icing polishes I picked up.

Icing Queen Bee over Cult Nails Nevermore
Queen Bee is a mix of neon yellow and green matte glitters in a clear base.

Color: At first glance in the bottle I thought this was just all neon yellow glitter, but there is some green mixed in there too. This is a cool combination of colors and I like the way it looks. I don't have a polish like this either.

Formula: Meh. Not so great. This is thick, goopy,and brush is thick and overly saturated with polish. It's not terrible, but it's not easy to work with.

Price: I paid $4.50 for this at Icing, but as we know Icing has this ongoing Buy 1 Get 1 50% off cosmetics deal, so you can stock up without the guilt.

Overall: I really like this glitter. It looks cool, and would make an awesome topper. The formula leaves a lot to be desired, but it isn't bad enough where I wouldn't recommend it either.

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Paint Splatters
Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. This is a fun neon glitter! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I'm gonna have to look for these. I do love the matte glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Girl and Her PolishJune 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

    This looks like a fun glitter! Too bad about the formula but I bet using it as a gradient would look really neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cool. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matte glitters are so cool! And this looks great over the dark base color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is pretty. Look how it glows. This mani reminds me of catching lightening bugs. The way their hiney lights up with that yellow-green glow.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.