Monday, June 3, 2013

Color Club Blue-Ming

A few weeks ago this picture from Totalbeauty.com was circulating Pinterest and some Facebook groups. There were a lot of people asking what color nail polish the person in the picture was wearing. I completely understood. The polish in the picture looked awesome! What I also knew is that color nail polish in the picture was photoshopped. I mean, who has neon yellow cuticles? As it turns out, it was photoshopped, and in the original picture (Sorry, I can't find it now) the polish was yellow. However, this didn't stop me from trying to find a dupe to the photoshopped polish color.

There was something clearly unique about this color. It was a lot brighter and more blue than many of countless minty aqua greens out there. I scoured my stash and the internet, and  that's when I came across Color Club Blue-Ming from the Spring 2012 Blossoming collection. I didn't think it was an exact dupe, but as close as it was going to get!

Color Club Blue-Ming
Blue-Ming is a bright pastel aqua creme.

Color: This is unique. I know it doesn't seem like it, but it is. Check out this comparison over at Caitt's Nails. In my own stash, Blue-Ming stood out as clearly lighter and more blue than my other colors in this family. Blue-Ming wasn't even close to any of the other colors I had like it.

Formula: This is where this one fails on me. It's streaky and hard to apply. It's far from the worst formula ever, but it's definitely not good. I managed to get it to work out ok, but still...meh.

Price: I got this one ebay for around $4. I know the retail price is slightly higher.

Overall: I adore this color. It is unique, bright, and perfect for summer. The formula is not good, but for a color like this I can make a bit of an exception.

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Paint Splatters

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Its such a fun and bright shade! Sad to hear that the formula wasn't the best though but I'll still get it since the color is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the color is gorgeous! sorry the formula wasn't the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace, Love & PolishJune 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM

    I love Blue Ming! It's super bright and gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You did it! :D It's such a pretty color, and definitely the closest we'll ever get. And now I'm cursing myself for passing it up whenever I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color is gorgeous!! It's so bright and happy haha that's very unfortunate about the formula though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca @ FrankenFemmeJune 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM

    I love love love that! It's so summery and refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  7. The original photo (as far as I can tell this is the original source) is here:

    http://theglitterguide.com/2012/06/01/5-things-to-try-this-weekend-13/3/


    You were right! It was shopped and not very well either, considering the crazy yellow cuticles. Thanks for sharing Blue-Ming! It looks amazing! I tried it over white undies and it really makes it pop. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh this is gorgeous! The formula wouldn't even matter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate hate hate when nail polish is photoshopped. It just ticks me off. Zoya's facebook is really bad at that. BUT...I love this color. Eye-popping bright, just the way I like it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.