Thursday, May 16, 2013

Guest Post: Cat's Adventures in Lacquer Land

Today's post is brought to you by Cat from Cat's Adventures in Lacquer Land

Hi all! This is Cat, from Cat's Adventures in Lacquer Land. I'm so thrilled to be doing a guest post for Steph! Imperfectly Painted is one of the polish blogs that I've followed since I first got addicted to polish. I love her warm, welcoming attitude and of course all the different polishes she showcases. So when Steph put out a call for guest posts I jumped at the chance!

For my guest post I decided to go with a polish pairing I love-- nudes and neons-- and do some nail art! I pulled out one of my all time favorite nude polishes, Essie Sand Tropez and then my American Apparel neon polishes and tried to figure out what I wanted to do. Originally I thought I would try a funky French manicure, but then I was inspired by a post over at Karine's Vernis Club and decided to go for a reverse chevron manicure using one of my favorite techniques-- tape!


In the end, I went with American Apparel Neon Red to make my chevron over Sand Tropez. I love how summery this looks with the bright red color and given the sunny weather in Seattle right now, it feels right. I like that the chervon gives a nice, but fairly subtle pop of color, even though it involves neon. It's not perfect, but given that I can't do freehand nail art at all, I love tape manicures because they're so easy to do!


Hope you guys enjoyed this post and thanks again to Steph for letting me do a guest post! If you're interested, feel free to stop by my blog, check out my Twitter (@LacquerLand) or visit me on Instagram (catray).

Thanks Cat!

Happy Thursday! 

3 comments:

  1. Great simple manicure! Love the pop of neon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice simple manicure that even I can do. :) I would never think of pairing colors like these together, but they work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, but beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.