Saturday, August 18, 2012

Spontaneous Saturday: Pretty Little Bottles Guest Post

Hello! Today, I have a post from one of my friends Alyssa. She's a blogger here in Central Florida, and we've become great friends! Her blog is Pretty Little Bottles. She has an awesome blog with great nail art and tutorials! 


Hey Everyone!
 
Steph asked me a few days ago if I'd like to do a guest post for her and, of course, I jumped at the opportunity! I decided to come up with some simple, yet awesome, nail art to show you guys!
 
Around the same time that Steph asked me about the post, I had just recieved my Ninja Polish purchase which included the coveted Floam! I instantly felt inspired and decided that my mani would have to somehow include Floam!
 
Here's what I came up with:


 

 
Polishes used:
China Glaze Splish Splash (blue)
China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard (green)
China Glaze Sun-Kissed (yellow)
Nail Venturous Floam
 
How I achieved this look:
 
Thumb & Ring finger: I first applied one coat of I'm With the Lifeguard and then two coats of Floam
 
Index Finger: To avoid having to paint lots of coats, I did one coat of a plain white creme first and then did two coats of Splish Splash
 
Pinky: One coat of plain white creme and then two coats of Sun-Kissed
 
Middle Finger: In order to achieve the chevron look, I used striping tape to tape off the sections of the nail in the design I wanted. I started at the cuticle of the nail and painted the green on my entire nail, minus the part that was taped off (just one coat) and peeled the tape off before it dried. I continued going down the nail with each color! It was so simple and the striping tape gave me nice, clean lines!
 
I hope you all have enjoyed the nail art that I've done for you guys today! Thanks for reading! And, again, thanks Steph for asking me to do a post for your wonderful blog! :)

Thank you Alyssa for doing such a great guest post for me!

Happy Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. Peace, Love & PolishAugust 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM

    I love the Chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mani! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm Foam. Man I want that polish, even more after seeing this awesome mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this turned out so well. super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! And the bare nail above the chevron is really fresh and unexpected! This is one reason to live in FL--you can get away wearing these colors year round ;) And Floam ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.