Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sally Hansen Pat on the Black & New Stuff

It's getting to that time of the summer season where I start to crave fall colors. This always happens I always wear out the present seasons' colors way before that season ends. I know there are no rules on what color polish to wear in what season, but for some reason I like to do that. The problem is you get tired of it easily. Here's a nice Sally Hansen fall shade that makes me long for the cooler weather!

Pat on the Black
Pat on the Black is a deep blackened plum creme.

Great chic color. This is the older bottle of it, but it is part of the Complete Salon Manicure line, that you can find currently. I love "almost black" shades. I think I have an "almost black" shade in every color. :)

I did find a new Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Display today at Walgreens. I'm pretty sure these are for fall based on the colors and their names. Sorry for the blurry camera photos. It's best to enlarge these.




  
I got the following L-R: Pumpkin Spice, Twinkle Twinkle, Set the Stage, & Teal-y Cool

This collection is a mix of glitters and foils. Sadly, these glitters are definitely meant for layering. These are sheers as can be. Pumpkin Spice which has a blackened base and orange glitter (ala China Glaze Ika-bod-y) is still very sheer on a nail wheel after 4 coats. I'm a bit disappointed. I don't do much layering with glitters any more, so I was hoping for at least a few glitter bombs. The foils in my opinion look pretty pathetic, a bunch of not highly pigmented unattractive colors  with silvery foil glitter mixed in. The pink glitter looks similar to the glitter in Hard Candy Fabuluxe sans the magenta base. I'm 99% sure this will be sheer as well. Wah wah wah. This is just my opinion! :)

The glitters are very pretty, but I don't want anyone purchasing these thinking you're going to be getting some Milani One Coat Glitters or OPI Mad As A Hatter glitter bomb action. They'll definitely be very pretty for laying though. I think the winners here are the Set the Stage and Twinkle Twinkle. I can't help but be disappointed that these don't offer the punch that glitter polish is obviously capable of :(. I'll be swatching these for the blog soon. :)

Happy Thursday!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the display pics  --I'm eying Pumpkin Spice (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was most excited for Pumpkin Spice when I saw your bottle picture of it. Nice and Hallowe'eny. Can't wait for the fall - I love Hallowe'en! :D
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look awesome! I looove the fall collections

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this collection yet but will be on the lookout and will select very carefully.  Thanks for letting us know they are sheer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love almost black shades too! They're so mysterious and edgy seeming. I am definitely going to pick this one up :) 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy imfeelingnail-venturousJuly 14, 2011 at 7:11 PM

    awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE almost black colors! Disappointed about the glitters, but now I can save my money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad about those glitters, the bottles are so fantastically glittery but deciving
    im sure youll figure a way to make them amazing tho maybe some good ol layering lol

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's disappointing.  Teal-y Cool would be so amazing on it's own!  :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. that sally hansen is sooo pretty. that's the prettiest nail polish i've seen all week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!! Can you do swatches please?? You're the only blogger I found that has talked about the sally hansen colors, and I think they deserve more attention! I talked about it in my blog and linked your picture, because I was trying to find a good swatch of pumpkin spice, as I think it's similar to Fortune Teller by China Glaze! I hope you do swatches!!

    Xoxo,
    Em.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought Pumpkin Spice, Set the Stage, and Teal-y Cool today. I'm not thrilled with Set the Stage or Teal-y Cool, but I love love love Pumpkin Spice layered over a mid-tone cream purple (in my case, Sinful Colors Verbena) - it makes a beautiful, smoky situation! 

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.