Monday, May 2, 2011

Sinful Colors Unicorn

What is the color I cover the least on the blog? Yellow. Yellow is probably the color I have had the ultimate difficulty with. I have issues with green, but yellow is a completely different story. It's hard for me to find a yellow that doesn't make me think of eye crusties you get in the morning or pee. I also have trouble finding a yellow to go with my skin tone. I think I'm too pale for yellow..? Maybe not, I think I found a yellow that works for me, and that I love!

Sinful Colors Unicorn
Unicorn is a pastel lemon creme.

I don't know why this one works for me versus other yellows, but it does. I can assume it's because it's not as in your face as some yellows can be. It's a very nice soft shade. However, it does have the curse of all yellow polishes. The formula is thin and patchy. This took 4 coats to get full coverage, and it probably could of used more. To be honest, this is probably one of the most difficult polishes I've ever worked with. I really do love this yellow on me, so to finally a find a color like this that works, it's worth the extra effort. I know for others this would be a "no way jose!" thing. I totally understand that, but if you're still on a search for just the right yellow, this one may work out for you too.

Happy Monday!

Steph

22 comments:

  1. LetthemhavepolishMay 2, 2011 at 5:15 PM

    I love this color and like you I'm not very fond of yellow tones either. I think I should get this... How did it apply? Because it looks so creamy smooth in your pics and it suits your skintone perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LetthemhavepolishMay 2, 2011 at 5:16 PM

    Ignore my stupid application question lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this color yesterday and have yet to try it - my problem with yellows is that they make me think of mustard. Like I just ate a hot dog and didn't wipe my hands very well...especially when removing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look pretty on you,
    I'm not too picky on the number of coats ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sinful Colors Unicorn!! I've only used it once so far, though! Maybe I need to try using it again soon! :) It looks very pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been on a huge yellow polish kick and this color is gorgeous! kind of reminds me of china glazes lemon fizz..you should do a comparison post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that polish too :) It's very pale! Works nicely for stamping over too

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO....eye crusties & pee :) This one looks nice, although I am with you on the yellow thing. Is this a new one? Is it in the "Carousel" collection that came out a month or so ago?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got this one the other day at Walgreens when they had their 99c sale. Have not tried it yet, but now I have high hopes since it looks so great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got this with the walgreens sale making my yellow nail polish count a total of 2 lol. I hope this works well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this but I've only swatched it so far. I have pale skin like you and it does look really nice on us pale girls. I'm going to have to do a mani with it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha no worries! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yeah, mustard is one too. No one wants mustard fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! I'm not usually picky about coats, I'm picky about drying time. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks. I'd need to get Lemon Fizz first. I'm willing to try more yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you like this one too. I always find pale colors in general are harder to pull of when you're pale yourself! I'm glad there are handful of good ones out there though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one is was part of the "Polka Dots" something display. I think it probably would of fit better in Carousel though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha, I think I have 2 yellow polishes too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you like it as a mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this color too! It only took me 2 coats though...

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.