Friday, July 9, 2010

Paradoxal Franken

This is my follow-up mission in response to my blog post earlier this week "Chanel Paradoxal Rant!"

Disclaimer: I am in no way trying to prove to people who want, own, or love Chanel Paradoxal that my franken is an exact dupe or better than it. I'm not trying to sway away people from purchasing this if they want to spend the money on it. The purpose of me doing this franken is to show people who are not 100% sold on it, or do not want to spend a higher price for it that they can easily for under $10 create a color similar to Paradoxal. If you really want Paradoxal please go out and get it because frankens are never going to be a perfect dupe. This is just an alternative. :)

Here is my result...
Here are some photos of the original...
Temptalia
The Beauty Look Book
Steph's Closet

I didn't find this franken difficult in the sense of finding what colors to use that was a piece of cake. I'll show what I use later. The difficulty with frankening this was that every photo I've seen of it is different. In some photos is more purple while others it's more grey. I think that is part of the allure of this color. To be honest, while trying to franken this I could begin to understand peoples attraction to it. However, regardless $23 is out of the question to me!

I think the main differences with my franken is mine is more grey and the shimmer is a little more cool toned. I think I did capture the essence of the color. It's not dupe, but I think it does measure up as nice alternative. Plus it only will cost you around $5-$6 depending on what products you use!

Here is what I used....
 2/3 bottle of Confetti Moonstruck $2
1/3 bottle of Confetti Centerstage $2
3 drops of white nail polish (I suggest getting WnW White for $1)
** I would also recommend maybe getting WnW Black for $1 to help if you are finding your color too light

This formula should get you in the Paradoxal realm, but of course you can add a bit more of this or a bit more of that to perfect it the way you like it. I think if you like a color and you want to duplicate it, you shouldn't expect to get an exact dupe. You should make it the way you like it. If you like it more purple add more purple etc. There are not any rules just enjoy it. Frankening is fun way to save money and make your own fun creations!

I hope this may of helped some of you out there who liked Paradoxal but didn't care for the hefty price tag! Let me say one thing, if you don't like to spend a lot on polish or don't find it necessary don't ever feel like you NEED a polish because there is a lot of hype around it. Of course, if it's something you want and don't mind the price, go ahead and get it :)! Paradoxal is a nice and great color, but it's not for me or my budget! That's one of the reasons for my blog is to share nail products for those of us on a budget. I'm sure there are many others in this position so this was the reason for this post and my previous rant.

Happy Friday!

16 comments:

  1. that looks pretty fantastic! I'm gonna have to franken one of these, even though I caved and bought Paradoxal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that's pretty close. I even like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very interesting post. I have never done a franken but would certainly consider it. Especially if it saves me around $15!

    I agree with Steffie, that I like your franken a bit more. Even though I 'want' Chanel's, I won't spend the money on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty close! Very pretty on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious! I know you put a lot of work into this and its great when you get the results you are looking for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is awesome! i haven't tried frankens yet, but this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, that's SUCH a good dupe though! I really like Paradoxal, but I really like your franken too! We can't get Confetti in Aus (I'm sure) but is that Centrestage an average taupe/grey? Because I completely want to try to franken Paradoxal now! (my style of course)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen- You should definitely try the franken! Nothing wrong with having 2 great colors?

    Steffie- Thank you :)

    Kimberly- You can do a lot with those $15! Frankening is fun it's not something I do often but when I do I enjoy it and the results!

    Jamie K- Thank you so much for that compliment. I really appreciate it and it means a lot.

    Karen D- Thank you!

    Mocha Mish Mash- Thanks! I don't care if it's a fall color I want to wear it now :)

    Lacquerware- Thank you! I did slave over this for a bit!

    Midge- Frankening is fun. I think you'd enjoy it.

    Enamel Girl- I'm going to take that as a good thing :P

    Joan-Centerstage is actually purple one. Moonstruck is an average taupey-grey it's very similar to Sephora by OPI Metro Chic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a really great job!
    I need to go get some Confettis and try this out, because I do like Paradoxal as a color, but I do not like that price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty! I prefer your version to the original too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a great franken. But you're right, the allure of Paradoxal is that it IS a paradox. Sometimes its taupe. Sometimes its grey. Sometimes its chocolatey brown. Sometimes it is purple.
    I do love this franken, but I still stand by Paradoxal. It is worth 25$. I too used to be very anti-Chanel because of the price point. And, I still wouldn't pay even regular Chanel price for Jade. But Paradoxal is something very special. Its very one of a kind at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent! I like the look of Paradoxal, but I don't love it and wouldn't wear it very often. I'm happy to spend more on a color that I really love or will wear often, but Paradoxal isn't it. This franken, on the other hand, is perfect. It falls within a price range I will pay for something that's unique but won't get worn very often. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i keep forgetting the names of the polishes you used. adding to my BB so i can try this. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.